The Neumann developers know every nuance, every angle and every wave reflection of the KH 80 DSP. It sounds so pure because they are directing every sound wave so precisely. The KH 80 DSP’s design is based on computer simulations that calculate with a level of accuracy that no one other than Neumann does. The Mathematical Modeled Dispersion Waveguide (MMD™) provides the studio series with a solid base for precise sound direction that remains unique. Maths has never sounded so good.
NEUMANN EVEN INCLUDES THE BIGGEST UNKNOWN FACTOR IN OUR CALCULATIONS: YOUR ROOM
It might be a project studio, an outside broadcast van, a corner at work or just a brick building: The room defines the sound. Surfaces and corners in the room cause interference, diffraction, reflection, and refraction: all are forms of distortion. For a really true sound, without acoustic-physical “accidents”, you normally need expensive equipment plus plenty of time and expertise to align it correctly – or smart algorithms. Neumann’s DSP engine optimizes the sound output of the KH 80 DSP, delivering quality way above the price-tag. And the best part: You don’t need to be an expert to perfectly adjust the system to your environment.
A TOOL FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS
Highest quality components, high-end protection systems and power reserves are what you would expect from this studio class product even under the most demanding circumstances. Its design makes the KH 80 DSP a versatile near-field monitor, which delivers professional-quality sound wherever you need it – in project and music studios, editing and broadcasting rooms or in outside broadcast vans. Some of our customers like it so much, they use the KH 80 DSP in their living rooms. Why not? After all, the KH 80 DSP delivers digital precision for a masterpiece of analog technology: your ears.
The KH 750 DSP subwoofer is the perfect complement to the KH 80 DSP.
CONTROL AND ALIGN THE MONITOR WITH YOUR IPAD®
The Neumann.Control app for iPads® offers several features allowing you to setup, align and operate the KH 80 DSP even in large setups up to 9 loudspeakers.
The key features are:
- 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and 9 loudspeakers
- Identify loudspeakers on the network that are in the room
- Assign the identified loudspeakers to positions in the room
- Guided Alignment – a set of simple questions resulting a well-balanced sound. The Guided Alignment is a process where you are asked very simple questions about the room and the loudspeaker position, and then the app adjusts the response of each loudspeaker accordingly
- Manual Alignment – an 8-band fully parametric equaliser for expert users. In Manual Alignment expert users have complete freedom to adjust an 8-band parametric equalizer, levels and delays in each loudspeaker as they wish. Manual Alignment can also be used to edit Guided Alignments in a more detailed way.
- System and alignment selection
- Volume control, preset levels, dim, mute all
- Groups, solos, mutes
- Other system settings such as delay, standby level and logo brightness
System Requirements: iPad® with iOS® 10 or higher
HUNDREDS OF GOOD REASONS FROM THE NEUMANN PHILOSOPHY
The KH 80 DSP has also been developed true to the Neumann philosophy for monitor loudspeakers. Every component, every shape, every signal and every wave motion is a consequence of this philosophy. No form or component is there without reason. There are hundreds of tangible reasons built into the KH 80 DSP, which all stand for exceptionally pure and neutral sound. These include, for example, curvatures of the housing that reduce edge diffraction. Also included is the pistonic output of the bass driver which does not give rise to harmonic distortions, even with the highest sound peaks. Some of these reasons are obvious in the KH 80. Others Neumann prefers to keep to itself. But together, each can be heard – sound professionals in both large and small studios all around the world can testify to this. You can read more about the Neumann philosophy for studio monitors here.